In all that we do, we at Avalon Church seek to faithfully pursue the following core values as means to glorify God:
1) We value Biblical Authority. God speaks to us through the Bible and we recognize it as the ultimate standard for our lives. The Bible is the lens through which we view our relationships, circumstances and decisions; it is taught without compromise.
2) We value a Culture of Grace. We extend to all people the unmerited love, acceptance and forgiveness that we ourselves have received from God through the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus Christ. We seek to model Jesus Christ who was full of grace and truth.
3) We value Integrity. We believe church leaders should be men and women who demonstrate and model integrity and transparency in their personal and spiritual lives.
4) We value Unity. The Church is intended to have a spirit of unity so that with one heart and mouth we may glorify God. We strive for this unity and stand firmly against divisiveness.
5) We value Spiritual Connection with God. We gather regularly to worship God in ways that engage the heart, mind, soul and strength of people.
6) We value Authentic Community. We encourage people to grow in their walks with God and one another in the context of a safe, affirming, genuine environment. Honest, caring and encouraging relationships within the church foster mutual accountability and lead to maturity in Christ for all.
7) We value Children. The Lord Jesus assigned special significance to children and we honor His love for children by loving His children.