Have you ever noticed how much mothers are like Jesus?
- They can heal a boo-boo simply by kissing it
- When they call to their children across a crowded playground it is enough to raise the dead
- If their child is in danger they can walk on water to get to him or her
- And somehow they can take what looks like nothing and feed a family of seven
This Sunday Pastor Dale will be sharing about the feeding of the five thousand, a miracle in which Jesus took what seemed like nothing, satisfied the hunger of five thousand men plus their wives and children, and had leftovers.
There is much to be learned from this incredible moment; things like how to properly evaluate a problem and what our problems look like to God. But as with every miracle of Jesus, look beyond the actual event to discover how Jesus is working to change lives and who Jesus is.
In preparation for our time of study this Sunday, let me encourage you to read the following verses:
- John 6:1-15 – a basket is turned into a banquet
- Matthew 14:13-21 – in case you wondered how we knew it was 5000
A special note to all the men and children – Sunday is Mother’s Day. Don’t forget to remember.
“Lord, if you want to use me in any way today, I am available.”
Love God – Love Neighbor – Lead Others