The following quotes are from Godly men who sacrificed so much to share the Gospel around the world:
- “The Great Commission is not an option to be considered; it is a command to be obeyed” — Hudson Taylor, renowned missionary to China
- “Is not the commission of our Lord still binding upon us? Can we not do more than now we are doing?”— William Carey, who is called the father of modern missions
- “Any church that is not seriously involved in helping fulfill the Great Commission has forfeited its biblical right to exist.”— Oswald J. Smith
- “The spirit of Christ is the spirit of missions. The nearer we get to Him, the more intensely missionary we become.”— Henry Martyn, missionary to India and Persia
- “He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose”— Jim Elliot, missionary martyr who lost his life in the late 1950’s trying to reach the Auca Indians of Ecuador
Add to their words the words of our Lord Jesus – “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age” – and our mission regarding missions could not be more clear!
This Sunday, I want to share with you what we, as a church family, have been doing to fulfill the commission of our Lord. I will introduce you to some fellow laborers in the field, and we will celebrate the privilege of being ambassadors for Christ.
Please, don’t miss our time of worship together this Sunday.
P.S. Beginning Sunday, June 7 and continuing through Sunday, August 16, there will be ONE Sunday worship service at 10:00am. During this same period, Spanish Ministry Services will begin at noon.
“Lord, if you want to use me in any way today, I am available.”
Love God – Love Neighbor – Lead Others