- the state of being strikingly different from something else, typically something in close association.
- to compare in order to show unlikeness or differences;
The 8th chapter of John is a chapter of contrasts! Jesus continually uses contrasts as a tool to teach us about the differences between the Kingdom of heaven and the kingdom of this world. Read through John chapter 8 and you’ll discover several contrasts. For example:
- Grace and Law John 8:1-11
- Light and Darkness John 8:12-20
- Life and Death John 8:21-30
- Freedom and Bondage John 8:31-47
- Honor and Dishonor John 8:48-59
Sunday morning we’ll explore and learn together the manner in which Jesus uses these contrasts to teach us how, in everyday life (the mountain tops and the valleys, the victories and defeats), we can experience His grace, light, life, freedom, and honor Him regardless of circumstances.
Wow! It doesn’t get more real than that!
By the way, as your read through this rich chapter, see if you can find a word of appreciation and encouragement for fathers; it’s there, if you look closely.
Can’t wait to worship with you this Sunday at 10:00! Love you church.
“Lord, if you want to use me in any way today, I am available.”
Love God – Love Neighbor – Lead Others