March 12, 2020
Avalon Church Family,
We have been actively monitoring the rapid and well-publicized expansion of the COVID-19 virus (Coronavirus) and wanted to provide information in regards to worship services and activities at Avalon Church.
The church will continue to stay open until the situation in the community or CDC/local governmental directions dictate otherwise. Please consider these instructions and precautions:
- Embrace faith over fear, prudence over panic. God is aware and involved in our lives.
- Should we need to close the church (because someone in our congregation is diagnosed with coronavirus or our community is hard hit), we will immediately attempt to communicate with you via church email, Facebook and Instagram, and text.
- We are making an extra effort to sanitize hard surfaces within the building.
- Bottles of disinfectant are available for your use in entry areas to the building (please do not take them home).
- Please consider staying home if you feel unwell (i.e., dry cough, fever, aches).
- We ask you to restrict “meet and greet” hugs and handshakes to smiles only.
- The offering during service will be collected in the boxes at the four entry/exit doors; we will not be passing the offering plates. We encourage you to consider online giving – simply click the circular giving icon in the lower right hand corner of every page on our website (avalonchurch.org) or text “give” to 407-559-8210.
- Should you decide to self-isolate or avoid church services during this season, please call the church office (407-275-5499) or email Pastor Don (firstname.lastname@example.org) so we can stay in contact with you. We are available to pray with you, even if we must do so over the phone.
- You can join in the services live on Facebook on Sunday mornings at facebook.com/avalonchurch Should we be required to close the church building, we will continue to do services and/or devotions via Facebook.
- Please contact the church or Pastor Don immediately if you are diagnosed with Coronavirus so we can communicate that to the remainder of the church family and take appropriate next steps.
GO & GROW TOGETHER!
(and even when we cannot be together!)