Follow Me – Living Incarnationally | WEEK 4
Each of us in community exists to life as Jesus’ tangible presence in the world.
Series: Follow Me: Transformed Together,
Speaker: Pastor Don Dodge,
Scripture: John 1:14, John 8:1-11, John 13:34, Matthew 8:2-3, Matthew 8:5-7, Matthew 9:10-11, Matthew 9:12-13, 1 Thessalonians 2:8,
Discussion Questions: 4-Living-Incarnationally-DQ.pdf,
- ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ (Matt.22:37-39, NIV).
- “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. (Jn 13:34, NIV)
- Euangelion, disciple, ecclesia
- Zach and Meredith El Zahab
- In the beginning was the Word (Logos), and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. –John 1:1 (NIV)
- The Word became flesh [human] and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. –John 1:14 (NIV)
- Church Sign 1: Hell-fire
- Church sign 2: Do you hear me now?
- Church sign 3: Do you know what hell is?
- Church sign 4: Don’t dishonor...
- A man with leprosy… said, “If you are willing, you can heal me. Jesus reached out and touched him. “I am willing,” (Matthew 8:2-3 NLT)
- A Roman officer came and pleaded with him, 6 “Lord, my young servant lies in bed, paralyzed and in terrible pain.” 7 Jesus said, “I will come and heal him.” (Matthew 8:5-7 NLT)
- While Jesus was having dinner at Matthew’s house, many tax collectors and sinners came and ate with him and his disciples. When the Pharisees saw this, they asked his disciples, “Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?” (Matthew 9:10-11 NLT)
- “Healthy people don’t need a doctor—sick people do.” Then he added, “Now go and learn the meaning of this Scripture: ‘I want you to show mercy, not offer sacrifices.’ For I have come to call not those who think they are righteous, but those who know they are sinners.” – Matthew 9:12-13 (NLT)
- We loved you so much that we shared with you not only God’s Good News but our own lives, too. 1 Thessalonians 2:8 (NLT)