In all that we do, we at Avalon Church seek to faithfully pursue the following core values as means to glorify God:[accordion title=”BIBLICAL AUTHORITY” close=”0″]1) We value Biblical Authority. God speaks to us through the Bible and we recognize it as the ultimate standard for our lives. The Bible is the lens through which we view our relationships, circumstances and decisions; it is taught without compromise.[/accordion] [accordion title=”CULTURE OF GRACE” close=”1″]2) We value a Culture of Grace. We extend to all people the unmerited love, acceptance and forgiveness that we ourselves have received from God through the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus Christ. We seek to model Jesus Christ who was full of grace and truth.[/accordion] [accordion title=”INTEGRITY” close=”1″]3) We value Integrity. We believe church leaders should be men and women who demonstrate and model integrity and transparency in their personal and spiritual lives.
• We are aspiring for the effective development of Servant Leaders who pursue excellence in ministry, creating an environment of character and top-down accountability throughout the entire church.[/accordion] [accordion title=”UNITY” close=”1″]4) We value Unity. The Church is intended to have a spirit of unity so that with one heart and mouth we may glorify God. We strive for this unity and stand firmly against divisiveness.
• We are aspiring for Service According to Giftedness. We believe a church should operate as a unified community of servants, men and women exercising their spiritual and ministry gifts for the common good.[/accordion] [accordion title=”SPIRITUAL CONNECTION” close=”1″]5) We value Spiritual Connection with God. We gather regularly to worship God in ways that engage the heart, mind, soul and strength of people.
• We are aspiring for Transformational Living that moves beyond encounters with God to moment by moment connection with Him as demonstrated by lifestyles of prayer, worship and holiness.[/accordion] [accordion title=”AUTHENTIC COMMUNITY” close=”1″]6) We value Authentic Community. We encourage people to grow in their walks with God and one another in the context of a safe, affirming, genuine environment. Honest, caring and encouraging relationships within the church foster mutual accountability and lead to maturity in Christ for all.
• We are aspiring for Mission Minded Living. We want our daily lives to be intentional and purposeful as we actively share God’s love, grace and truth with those in our spheres of influence, in our neighborhoods and in the world.[/accordion] [accordion title=”CHILDREN” close=”1″]7) We value Children. The Lord Jesus assigned special significance to children and we honor His love for children by loving His children.
• We are aspiring for Strong Families that are equipped and nurtured to pass on the legacy of faith, biblical truth, knowledge and wisdom from generation to generation.[/accordion]